So, you’ve finally decided to remodel the kitchen. What’s your first step? It might be tempting to look at new flooring, countertops, and sinks before anything else. But we recommend giving some thought to the kitchen cabinets. There’s no question that cabinets play a major role in overall appearance and functionality. With so many options to choose from, how do you know which style is best for your kitchen? Here are the latest kitchen cabinet styles and trends, according to HGTV:
- Dark cabinet finishes – It makes sense that your kitchen should feel cozy. Not surprisingly, more homeowners are going with hues of chocolate and espresso in this space. Best of all, this style can be incorporated in both contemporary and traditional kitchens.
- Shaker-style – According to the National Kitchen & Bath Association, Shaker now ranks as the second most popular style behind traditional. With Shaker, you get a style that features simple, square-paneled doors. It’s safe to say that these cabinets look great in just about every kitchen.
- Classic cherry – Even in 2018, there’s something about cherry cabinetry paired with cherry floors and granite cabinets. If you prefer a more classic look in the kitchen, this one certainly won’t disappoint.
- Flat-panel – As you can see in the article, “high-gloss bisque cabinets with sleek stainless steel handles enhance a kitchen’s sleek appeal.” Maybe you’ve been searching for cabinets that would complement a modern or contemporary kitchen. Don’t hesitate to ask your kitchen remodeling contractors about flat-panel cabinets.
- Cabinets for country-style kitchens – Country and cottage-style kitchens remain popular with homeowners. Unfortunately, it can be somewhat difficult with these styles to determine which cabinets look best. Frankly, the safe bet is light-colored cabinetry. If you happen to have black granite surfaces, a blond wood makes a lot of sense.
- Concealed appliances in cabinets – Some homeowners would prefer their kitchen cabinets to blend in seamlessly with the rest of the space. That’s a possibility now thanks to panels that fit over appliances. So if you find that the fridge, oven, and dishwasher throw off the entire look of the kitchen, then concealed appliances may be a good option.
- Maximized cabinet storage – How do you currently store infrequently used fancy serveware and cookware? With wall cabinets, you can easily make use of high-up space instead of cluttering other areas.
- Furniture-style cabinets – It used to be that kitchens were designed without taking the aesthetics of other rooms into account. For example, your living room probably had a completed different style compared to the kitchen. This isn’t often the case anymore. Homeowners want their kitchen to be designed as an extension of other spaces. In turn, kitchen cabinetry is resembling furniture found throughout the house.
- Base cabinet drawers – Wall cabinets are slowly going out of style. Believe it or not, more homeowners are choosing base drawers because of the convenience. With base drawers, it’s no longer a challenge to organize dishes, pots, pans, and other kitchen items.
- Specialty storage cabinets – Humor us for a second. You’re trying to get dinner ready and need several spices before getting started. However, you’d have better luck finding Waldo than locating the basil. With specialty storage cabinets, you can have easy access to pull-out spice racks and built-in utensil dividers.
The Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Professionals
Are you interested in custom cabinets and countertops for your kitchen? Then it’s time to turn to the experts at St. Croix Cabinet Solutions in Hudson. For years, residents have relied on us for replacement cabinet doors, cabinet refinishing, and entire kitchen makeovers. We believe that shopping for cabinets doesn’t have to be a frustrating experience. Our staff does everything possible to ensure that you get the look and style you want without having to compromise. Pretty cool, right?
St. Croix Cabinet Solutions has something for every budget. Whether you’re pinching pennies or have quite a bit of money to spend, we will treat you with the utmost respect. Rest assured that we will take the time to understand your vision and then customize a kitchen remodel for you. With St. Croix Cabinet Solutions, there are no “cookie-cutter” or “one-size-fits-all” solutions.
See what our team of kitchen remodeling contractors can do for you. Call us today to schedule your free consultation.